We take your privacy very seriously and our goal is to protect your information. We will at all times comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept appropriately secure and processed lawfully.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may change our Privacy Statement occasionally so please check this page from time to time. Any changes to the Privacy Statement will become valid 30 days after it has been posted on the site. GAMBIT Store will not use your information in a new way without first telling you of any such changes in the proposed use and asking for your consent to such use.
In confirming this order, you are providing your consent for GAMBIT Store to process your personal Data as described. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or make a purchase on this web page.
1. Why do you need to collect my personal information?
When you place an order with us we collect certain personal information from you, for example, your name, postal address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and credit/debit card numbers. We use this information to identify you as a customer, to process your order to deliver products, to process payments and to update our records. We also use this information to generally manage your account with us and to provide you with information about our products.
We will also collect personal information from you at other times, such as if you register to receive email updates from us or to enter a competition (even if you do not place an order with us). This will be used to provide you with information about our products.
2. Do you give my personal information to other third parties?
In certain circumstances we may share your information with our partner companies and service providers (including the companies we have chosen to handle our order despatch service and our delivery company) who act on our behalf with activities such as:
- fulfilling orders
- processing payments
- data management
We will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services and they will not be allowed to use the information for other purposes.
You also acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to:
- conform to any requirements of law
- comply with any legal process
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to protect and defend the rights and property of Gambit Gaming
At all times where we disclose your information for the purposes of fraud prevention it will remain secure.
3. What about third party sites you link to?
GAMBIT Store sometimes contains links to other websites not controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, data collected or the content of such other websites. The operators of these linked websites are not under a duty to abide by our Privacy Statement. If there are terms and conditions, other privacy statements or policies appearing on those websites, you should also review them carefully as your use of those sites may be subject to them.
4. How do I update my personal information?
If there is a change to your personal information, for example your address details, you can update this via your profile:
- Click on 'Your Profile' at the top of the page
- Enter your username and password
- Click on 'Personal Details'
- Update your personal details as required
- Click the 'Submit' button
5. How do you protect my personal information?
GAMBIT Store has a committed Security Policy. We are registered in accordance with United Kingdom Data Protection Legislation and will hold and use your personal data strictly in accordance with UK data protection legislation.
We will retain copies of the information provided when you register on the website, order any products and enter into any competitions on the site. GAMBIT Store implements a number of sophisticated security measures to ensure the safety of any personal information provided.
- Your information is contained on a secure server database, which is accessible only by a limited number of employees who have authorised access rights to such information.
- When you are asked to enter any personal details or credit/debit card information you can be assured that the website will be secure. This is easily identifiable by an icon in the bottom of the browser window resembling an unbroken key or a closed lock.
- All sensitive and credit/debit card information you supply to GAMBIT Store is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This ensures that the information being sent is secure. Your card number will be encrypted and replaced by a unique transaction reference number.
- Your personal information is password-protected to prevent unauthorised access to it. Do not divulge your password to anyone.
6. What is SSL?
SSL is commonly-used for managing the security of message transmission on the Internet through public-and-private key encryption and a digital certificate that establishes your credentials when doing Internet business or other on-line transactions. This certificate is issued by a certification authority, in our case Verisign. To see the certificate for this site click Verisign here http://www.verisign.com.
7. What should I do to protect my personal information?
Your personal information is password-protected to prevent unauthorised access to it. We recommend that you:
- create a password that can not be easily guessed (as a guide a mixture of 6-8 letters and numbers is best)
- do not divulge your password to anyone
- change your password from time to time
8. How do I unsubscribe from GAMBIT Store emails?
If you have registered to receive email updates from us, and you no longer wish to receive these, you can remove your email address from our list by using the unsubscribe link which is included on all email updates.
9. What is your policy for children using the site?
We understand that many children will visit GAMBIT Store but encourages all persons under 13 to talk with their parents or legal guardian before submitting any information to this website or indeed any other website. However, GAMBIT Store believes that ultimately it is the responsibility of parents or legal guardians to supervise children when online and recommend that parental control tools be put in place.No information collected from anyone under the age of 18 will be used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatever as is stated when you register for competitions or promotions. Although anyone under the age of 13 is able to participate in competitions and promotions, notification of a win or prize will be sent directly to the parent or legal guardian identified in the initial registration process. Any publication of a competition winner's personal details for visitors under 18 will require parental or legal guardian consent during registration.
10. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information that a website transfers to a special cookie file in your browser on your computer. It allows us to recognize your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site. A cookie will typically contain the name of the site from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. The cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that sent the cookie.
By disclosing your personal information to us by using our website or over the telephone, you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy.
When you visit GAMBIT Store you can surf the site anonymously and access important information without revealing your identity. However, in order to provide better service, we may use "cookies" to track your visit.
- to allow you to carry information across pages of this Site and avoid having to re-enter information
- to allow you to access stored information
- to apply discounts dependant on your point of entry into this Site
- to allow you to maintain a shopping basket
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to this Site and to allow us to tailor content to match your preferences. This also prevents you from having to log in every visit.
There are two main types of cookies:
a) Session Cookies:
- are temporary cookies
- remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site
- allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information
- allow you to access stored information within the registration process
- allow you to apply discounts dependant on where and how you entered the site
- cannot be read by a website other than the one that sent the cookie
b) Persistent Cookies:
- remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie)
- allow you to maintain a shopping basket (if you leave the site and come back later, items in your basket will still be there)
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website
- allow us to tailor content to match your preferences. This also prevents you from having to Log In every visit.
- cannot be read by a website other than the one that sent the cookie
11. Can I disable or enable cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you will not be able to use some of the features of our site if you do this.